Maths & Puzzles
In the last 15 years I have become increasingly immersed in the world of maths. Find out more by clicking the tabs on the left, but in summary:
* I have written (or co-written) seven maths books aimed at the general public, of which two have been bestsellers selling over 100,000 copies worldwide (Why do Buses Come in Threes? and Maths for Mums and Dads).
* I am Director of Maths Inspiration, a national programme of theatre-based lecture shows for teenagers.
* I give numerous talks every year, for just about every audience: primary school children, teenagers, undergraduates, families, teachers, serial killers (no, just checking you're still reading this).
* I'm close to several of the UK's leading maths bodies. I was President of the Mathematical Association from 2007-8, and I've worked a lot with the Royal Institution, the UK Maths Trust and numerous other mathematical organisations.
* My original maths interest was in mathematical puzzles, and for a while I was a monthly puzzle setter for New Scientist magazine.